It can be very easy to get into a pattern of eating foods that we know are bad for us, but it’s not quite as easy to break the habit. If you feel like you’re in need of a little detoxification, want to kick-start healthy eating habits and calm cravings for processed foods, try this 1-3 day gentle cleanse.
1. Remove All Dairy Products
Remove all dairy products two days before you begin your cleanse. Dairy products may interfere with the detoxification process, as they are slowly digested by the body. Your body must rid itself of any toxins from too many dairy products before you begin cleansing your lungs.
2. Drink 1 Cup of Herbal Laxative
Drink 1 cup of herbal laxative (eg: Black Forest) tea before you go to bed the evening before Day 1 of your 3-day cleanse. This will help your system get rid of any toxins in your intestines that may tend to constipate you. Your lungs must not be overworked by blockages anywhere in the body during your detoxification.
3. Take Lemons
Squeeze two whole lemons into a cup to 1/2 of a cup of water before you eat breakfast. This will prepare you to digest powerful alkalizing foods that will help your lungs regenerate themselves.
4. Grapefruit Juice
Drink 1.5 cups of purge grapefruit juice with breakfast. If you do not enjoy the taste of grapefruit juice, dilute it with a bottle of spring water or substitute with pineapple juice. These juices contain natural antioxidants that promote a healthy respiratory system.
5. Pure Carrot Juice
Drink 1 to 1.5 cups of pure carrot juice between breakfast and lunch. Carrot juice will help you alkalize your blood during your 3-day detox. Because of its beta-carotene content, which the body turns into Vitamin A, carrot juice aids in a clean and healthy respiratory system.
6. Potassium Juice
Drink one 1.5 cups of potassium juice with lunch. Potassium is a powerful agent that will act as a cleansing tonic when ingested in liquid form. Creating a potassium juice involves juicing carrots, celery, spinach, parsley, and sea greens.
If you don’t have a juicer, simply mix 50ml of Noni juice with an 1 cup of spring water. Noni juice can be purchased from most health-food stores. There are several brands of Noni on the market. It is important to buy pure Noni juice. Tree of Life is one of the few companies that offer pure Noni juice.
7. Mucus-Cleansing Tea
Prepare and drink 1 cup of mucus-cleansing tea 1 hour before dinner. Mucus-cleansing tea is rich in rose hips, ginger, and peppermint. These herbs help alleviate stuffy noses, mucus build-up and congestion. Cleansing tea is readily available in most supermarkets and health-food stores.
8. Cranberry Juice
Drink 340 ml of pure cranberry juice before bed. Cranberry juice helps fight off bacteria in the lungs that could cause infections. Cranberries are very powerful antioxidants and promote healthy blood and urine.
Source: Sport Online Group
- 8 Simple Ways to Improve Your Eyesight Naturally
- 5 Ways To Protect Your Eyes While You Are Reading
- What 9 Things Your Eyes Can Reveal About The State of Your Health
- 10 Ways To Combat Fatigue And Increase Your Vitality
- 9 Signs Your Fingernails Reveal About The State of Your Health
- 25 Top Heart Healthy Foods
- 10 Worst Foods For Heart Health
Articles from Detox Section of QHealth: Vitality for Life
More Articles from QHealth: Vitality for Life
- The Amazing Health Benefits of Goji Berries
- The 9 Health Benefits of Coconut Water
- The Health Benefits of Alkaline Foods
- Top 10 Foods For An Incredible All Natural Energy Boost
- Soy Protein: What Is It, Why We Need It And Best Food Sources
- 10 Reasons To Drink The Alkalizing Apple Cider Vinegar
- 34 Beautiful Pictures To See Which Muscle You’re Stretching
- What Actually Happens In The Brain During Exercise
- Reducing Stress with Yoga Helps Lower Blood Pressure And Prevents Heart Disease
- Best Healthy Eating Practices For The Senior Population
- Can Lowering Calorie Intake Stall The Aging Process?
Health in General
- 100 Health And Wellness Tips for Women
- 5 Health Concerns Men Should Never Procrastinate About
- Motivation is The Key To Success of Wearable Fitness Tech Devices
- Haze Advisory Infographic: Haze Forecast and Health Advisory for Guard Against Haze Hazards
- 13 Tips To Care for Your Spleen, Liver and Large Intestine for Better Health