Get Proper Digestion To Build Immune System
As 80% of the immune system depends on proper digestion, colon cleansing is really important in order to maintain a healthy body.
Once ingested, food is broken down in the stomach and passed through the intestines in a process called digestion.
Throughout this process, nutrients from the food are absorbed through the intestinal wall, and what’s left is waste that travels to the colon and rectum in order to be eliminated.
Fecal Impaction of The Colon
However, things sometimes don’t run smoothly during this process, which leads to waste buildup in the colon, a condition known as fecal impaction of the colon.
This in turn makes your feces dry and immobile, which only further worsens their excretion from the body. Worst of all, these feces block the passage of new waste waiting to leave the body.
And toxin or waste buildup in the body can seriously put your health at risk. To be more specific, this leads to misbalanced metabolism, kidney and liver disease, diabetes and last, but not least, cancer.
Natural Colon Cleansing Method
Although there are a number of colon-cleansing methods including laxatives, enemas or herbal remedies, as well as more aggressive ones such as colonic irrigation or colonic hydrotherapy, most nutritionist support an effective colon cleansing method that’s completely natural and safe.
As unbelievable as it sounds, your intestines can hold up to 20 pounds of waste at any given time, depending on your diet, and your weight. This especially applies to the Standard American Diet which is mostly based on highly processed foods.
Ground Flaxseed As A Cleansing Solution
In order to completely cleanse your bowels of waste deposits, nutritionists highly recommend regular consumption of ground flaxseed, at a dosage of 1-3 tablespoons a day for a period of 20 consecutive days.
This will help you restore your gut flora balance and improve overall digestive function.
How to include flaxseed in your diet?
The treatment is divided in 3 consecutive weeks.
Instead of breakfast, drink a mix of one tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 100ml kefir every day of the first week.
Drink a mix of 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 100ml kefir every day of the second week.
Drink a mix of 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 100ml kefir every day of the third week.
Never make this mixture in advance as it’s important to always consume it fresh.
To reap most benefits, also drink 2l water during the day.
Do the colon-cleansing treatment once a year.
Source: Healthy Food Team
- The Amazing Health Benefits of Goji Berries
- The 9 Health Benefits of Coconut Water
- The Health Benefits of Alkaline Foods
- Top 10 Foods For An Incredible All Natural Energy Boost
- Soy Protein: What Is It, Why We Need It And Best Food Sources
- 10 Reasons To Drink The Alkalizing Apple Cider Vinegar
Articles from Detox Section of QHealth: Vitality for Life
More Articles from QHealth: Vitality for Life
- 8 Simple Ways to Improve Your Eyesight Naturally
- 5 Ways To Protect Your Eyes While You Are Reading
- What 9 Things Your Eyes Can Reveal About The State of Your Health
- 10 Ways To Combat Fatigue And Increase Your Vitality
- 9 Signs Your Fingernails Reveal About The State of Your Health
- 25 Top Heart Healthy Foods
- 10 Worst Foods For Heart Health
- 34 Beautiful Pictures To See Which Muscle You’re Stretching
- What Actually Happens In The Brain During Exercise
- Reducing Stress with Yoga Helps Lower Blood Pressure And Prevents Heart Disease
- Best Healthy Eating Practices For The Senior Population
- Can Lowering Calorie Intake Stall The Aging Process?
Health in General
- 100 Health And Wellness Tips for Women
- 5 Health Concerns Men Should Never Procrastinate About
- Motivation is The Key To Success of Wearable Fitness Tech Devices
- Haze Advisory Infographic: Haze Forecast and Health Advisory for Guard Against Haze Hazards
- 13 Tips To Care for Your Spleen, Liver and Large Intestine for Better Health